Using the Payroll Summary In QuickBooks

Got a QuickBooks Mess? Call The QuickBooks Gal!

Welcome to another QuickBooks Gal Minute. I'm Jayne Miller, The QuickBooks Gal

It's time to start thinking about end of year procedures. One of those for me is verifying payroll to assure that there won't be any problems when it comes time to prepare W-2 forms.

There is a great tool in QuickBooks called the Payroll Summary Report.

You can find that in the Report drop down menu at the top of the main window in QuickBooks. From there, select Employees & Payroll and then select the Payroll summary.

You can use this report to review totals by employee and for your company. Additionally, you can review payroll-related liabilities & expenses by employee and grand totals for the company by date range or for the year to date.

I generally print this report every time I create a payroll and keep that report in my Payroll Book and I always keep a final year-end copy with my payroll records and employer copies of quarterly reports & W-2's.


I hope this tip is useful. Please tune in again for another QuickBooks Gal Minute.

Got a QuickBooks Mess? Call The QuickBooks Gal!

I'm Jayne Miller, The QuickBooks Gal. Thanks for your continued interest. If you have questions or suggestions for future topics, please drop me a line at jayne@qbgal.com.


Reno 775-348-9225
Tahoe 775-348-9200
Sacramento 916-216-4949

©2008 Custom Business Solutions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to "Un" Apply Credits In QuickBooks

QuickBooks Password Protection

Employee Salary/Wage Rate Report