QuickBooks Alert! QuickBooks 2008 Crashed!




“Quicklet” - A Podcast for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise Solutions, Point of Sale and Peachtree users featuring helpful information, tips, tricks and suggestions for bookkeepers, business owners, and consultants.
Ask the QuickBooksGal!
Hi, I'm Jayne Miller, The QuickBooks Gal. Welcome to another in my series of “Quicklets” – informational podcasts about QuickBooks, Peachtree and related bookkeeping topics.

Today I want to tell you about a problem that you may encounter when opening your QuickBooks 2008 program. This is a Microsoft .Net issue, but we QuickBooks users are being affected by it.

I just got a call from a long-time client who was about to process her payroll in QuickBooks 2008. When she opened QuickBooks 2008, the program flashed quickly, and then closed out. Intuit is aware of the problem and issued an alert yesterday. You can click on the following link to see how to fix this:



DO NOT UNINSTALL & RE-INSTALL QUICKBOOKS 2008

This problem revolves around an issue with .NET. Uninstalling and re-installing QuickBooks does not address the problem and is not recommended. According to Intuit, common symptoms are:

  • The QuickBooks splash screen flashes, and then goes away on launch.
  • On launch of QuickBooks an error message says that the Web Connector has failed to initialize.
I hope this is helpful. I will be back to audio podcasts soon....thanks for your ongoing support. If you are looking for Enterprise Solutions or Point of Sale support, call our experts - we'll be glad to help!


Well, that’s it for now. I appreciate your time and hope you will join us again next time for another in our Quicklet© series. If there are topics you would like me to cover send me an email at jayne@quickbooksgal.com. I welcome your ideas, questions, and comments.

Got a QuickBooks Mess? Call The QuickBooks Gal!

I’m Jayne Miller, The QuickBooks Gal. Thanks for listening.

Reno - Tahoe - Sacramento
775-348-9200
916-216-4949

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to "Un" Apply Credits In QuickBooks

QuickBooks Password Protection

Employee Salary/Wage Rate Report