What is A Podcast - What is My Podcast?




Quicklet” - A Podcast for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise Solutions & Point of Sale users featuring helpful information, tips, tricks and suggestions for bookkeepers, business owners, and consultants. Got a QuickBooks Mess? Ask The QuickBooks Gal!

Ask the QuickBooksGal!
Hi, I'm Jayne Miller, The QuickBooks Gal. Welcome to another in our series of “Quicklets” – informational podcasts about QuickBooks and related bookkeeping topics. Today I want to take a few minutes to talk about Podcasts.

About five years ago I asked my very brilliant son if there was a way that I could produce a "mini" radio show on my website where I could provide a place for my clients to ask me questions; where I could record instructions that would allow me to talk them through the process. He told me about a new thing called Podcasting. I was a little intimidated by what I perceived to be a complex process and pretty much tabled the idea. Last year, I decided that it was time to follow up on my radio show idea and The QuickBooksGal's "Quicklets" were born!

My practice serves a variety of small business owners, business managers and their staff who have questions that range from general topics (my last podcast reminding listeners that the New Daylight Savings Time may affect their computers and where to go if they needed assistance is a good example) to more specific topics such as the "Magic Button" in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or how to reconcile your bank account.

My goal is to provide a place where folks can go to find written and audio assistance with common issues we all have as bookkeepers and business managers. I have been working with Peachtree since 1987 and QuickBooks since 1999 as a power user. I really use these products every day. I enjoy sharing information and some of the knowledge I have acquired with my listeners.

What is a podcast? Originating from the words "iPod" and "broadcast", a podcast is designed to be listened to online, on your computer or on the road with your MP3 or CD player. Podcasts can be anything from talk shows to news to informational blogs like mine. You can subscribe to a podcast via a podcasting catcher. There are several applications to do this: iTunes, iPodderX, and Odeo are just a few.

Once downloaded, you can listen and enjoy them as much as you want! You can listen to podcasts on your MP3 player or any computer. You can go to
Wikipedia for a more complete description.


November is the first anniversary of The QuickBooks Gal podcasts. I want to thank all of my listeners for their support and for their great questions and ideas. Please keep sending feedback and podcast topics....I really do listen!

Look for more QuickBooks Topic-Focused podcasts in the future. If you use Peachtree or Microsoft Office Accounting, visit blog.quickbooksgal.com for links to my podcasts on those great accounting programs as well.

Next time I'm going to talk about QuickBooks Simple Start 2008. Intuit has really improved this "first step" accounting program. If you have a small business and need a simple program, this is great. I'll give you more details next time.

We are now serving Reno, Lake Tahoe, The Carson Valley and Truckee California so if you have a QuickBooks Mess, Call The QuickBooks Gal.

We now provide remote assistance....no need to come to us and you can save money when we don't have to come to you. Call today!

I hope you will continue to find my podcasts informational and helpful. If you have questions or comments, send me an email at jayne@quickbooksgal.com.

I’m Jayne Miller, The QuickBooksGal. Thanks for listening.

Jayne Miller is the owner of Custom Business Solutions
a firm in Reno Nevada that specializes
in bookkeeping,
payroll and small business accounting software support.


"Got A QuickBooks Mess? Call The QuickBooks Gal!"




©2007 Custom Business Solutions, Reno, NV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to "Un" Apply Credits In QuickBooks

QuickBooks Password Protection

Employee Salary/Wage Rate Report