QuickBooks Online: Keyboard Shortcuts
QuickBooks Online is already made to make your life easier, but now it is about to get even better! Below is the keyboard shortcuts for QuickBooks Online!
Got a QuickBooks Mess? Call the QuickBooks Gal!
Note to Mac users: You can try these shortcuts using the CMD key instead of Alt or CTRL when noted below.
To open a second window in:
- Internet Explorer: Press Ctrl + N (you will be logged in to existing company on both windows)
- Firefox: Press Ctrl + N (you won't be logged in to the second window but will remain logged in to the first one. The second window will allow you to log in to the existing company so that you may work using both screens.)
- Chrome: Press Ctrl + N (if you go to QBO in that window you will be logged in to the existing company)
- To search for text in a window:
To enter dates:
- Next day + (plus key)
- Previous day - (minus key)
- Today T
- First day of the Week W
- Last day of the week K
- First day of the Month M
- Last day of the month H
- First day of the Year Y
- Last day of the year R
To move around fields on most forms:
- Use the Tab key to go forward.
- Use Shift+Tab to go back.
- Space Bar to check a check box field.
- Press Tab until you reach the field.
- Press Alt + down arrow to open the list.
- Press up arrow or down arrow to move through the items in the list.
- Press Tab to select the item you want and move to the next field.
- If you don’t want to open the whole list, but just want to scroll through the items in the text box, press Ctrl + down arrow or Ctrl + up arrow.
To respond to messages: Hold down the Alt key. If the button names have underlined letters, you can keep the Alt key held down and type the letter to select the button you want.
To save or edit the selected transaction:
- Press Alt + S to save. Alt + Shift + S in Firefox and Chrome.
- Press Alt + E to edit a saved transaction. This opens the transaction form.
To move between transactions within the register, selecting the date field as you go:
- Press up arrow to select the transaction above.
- Press down arrow to select the transaction below.
- Adjusting print alignment: Select the Vertical or Horizontal field, and then press "+" to raise the number or " - " to lower it. You must use the keys on the numeric keypad.
To move around in journal entries: In the Journal Entry screen, press up arrow to move to the distribution line above and down arrow to move to the one below.