QuickBooks Online: How To Add An Employee
QuickBooks Online: How to add a new employee!
When adding a new employee please make sure that you have their W-4 with you!
Note: You must complete all the pay details for your employees before you can pay them.
To add an employee:
- In the left navigation bar, click Employees.
- Click Add employee.
- Enter the employee's name and complete these steps:
- Click Enter W-4 form, and then enter the employee's withholding information.
- Select how often to include this employee in a payroll run.
- Select how you pay this employee, and enter how much. Click Add additional pay types to add a second hourly rate or other types of pay such as Overtime or Sick Pay.
- Under Does this employee have any deductions?, click either the pencil icon or Add a new deduction.
- Under How do you want to pay this employee?, click the pencil icon to select another way to pay, such as direct deposit.
- Then click done!
Remember to have the following information about your employee to report to the state. Remember all states require that you report new employees:
- A completed Form W-4
- Direct deposit information, if the employee wants it
- Personal information, such as first and last name, home address, gender, birth date, and email address
- Employment location and hire date
- Pay rates, types of pay, pay schedule, and pay method
- Tax information, such as Social Security number, federal and state filing status, and allowances
- Deductions, such as pretax deductions, after-tax deductions, retirement plans, garnishments, and company contributions
- Paid time off, based on vacation and sick pay policies
Have any more questions or concerns? Call the QuickBooks Gal!