Quick-Pod – Three Quickies


powered by ODEO
Hi, I’m Jayne Miller, the QuickBooks Gal and your host for another in our weekly series of QuickBooks and Bookkeeping Podcasts.

My company, Custom Business Solutions, is a consulting firm in Reno, NV that specializes in providing bookkeeping and software support. In addition, we now have an onsite classroom where we provide classes and hands-on training. Please visit our website, www.quickbooksgal.com, for information and schedules.

I hope you are enjoying my weekly Podcasts and finding useful information in every visit. I find that sometimes there are tips, referrals, and tidbits of information that come up during the week that I want to pass on to you, but they are not relevant to the Podcast’s topic. In an effort to avoid “rambling”, I am going to start a series of Quick-Pods this week….mini-podcasts devoted to these random tips, tricks, info blurbs, and referrals. I hope you like them…. let me know if you do, and especially if you don’t!

Today, I have 3 “quickies”:

1. There is a glitch in Peachtree’s February payroll tax table download. Every time you close Peachtree 2007, it triggers a command to install the February updates….very frustrating….I’m sure they are working on this. Just press Cancel to stop the operation.

2. QuickBooks ProAdvisors are a great source of QuickBooks training and technical support. Intuit is now offering Advanced Certification courses for those who are serious about providing quality support. Here in Reno, two Certified Pro Advisors recently completed the required training and now have Advanced Certification. Congratulations to Marie Gibson and Milton Granton! Look for my Advanced Certification in the Spring.

3. There’s a great magazine devoted to accounting and technology that I really appreciate. It’s called the CPA Technology Advisor. You can check them out at www.cpatechnologyadvisor.com. An annual subscription is only $48 and worth every penny. They have a wonderful website and excellent podcasts!


Well, that’s it for this week. I appreciate your time and hope you will join us again next week. Don’t forget to visit our websites, www.quickbooksgal.com and www.custmbiz.com for more information about me and our services. You can send me an email at jayne@quickbooksgal.com if you have questions or would like to enroll in our weekly QuickBooks classes. We’ll be expanding our schedule and the classes offered in the Spring, so be sure to check our site often.

I’m Jayne Miller, the QuickBooks Gal. Thanks for listening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to "Un" Apply Credits In QuickBooks

QuickBooks Password Protection

Employee Salary/Wage Rate Report