Changing Bank Accounts after You've Written Checks
“I opened a new checking account, but ran payroll checks through the old checking account in QuickBooks.
How do I fix them?”
This is so easy to do....and the answer is simple...here's how.
- Go to Reports->Banking->Check Detail
- In the upper left hand corner of the report, select MODIFY
- Select the date range and filter for the the bank account that you incorrectly posted the checks to
- Return to the report
- Double-click on each check in the report to bring it up on your screen
- Change the bank account in the upper portion of the check form to the desired bank account
- Press SAVE & CLOSE to complete the correction and return the to modified report
When the report is empty, you will have moved all the checks to the correct account.
Finally, double-check each bank account register to be sure that you have properly reassigned the transactions you wanted to correct.
Got Questions? Call Us!
775-348-9225 Call The QuickBooks Gal!
775-348-9200 Point of Sale,
Enterprise Solutions, QuickBase