Do You Need an Employer Identification Number? (EIN)

Filing Taxes is difficult, which is usually where I come in.
If you're new to the Business World, you may not yet know what you need.

An EIN is necessary if you say 'yes' to any of these questions:

  1. Do you have an employees besides yourself?
  2. Does your business operate as a corporation or a partnership?
  3. Do you file any of these tax returns?
    • employment
    • excise
    • alcohol
    • tobacco
    • firearms
  4. Do you withhold taxes on income (other than wages) for a non-resident alien?
  5. Do you have a Keogh Plan?
  6. Are you involved in any of these organizations?
    • Trusts (EXCEPT certain grantor-owned revocable trusts, IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return)
    • Estates
    • Real estate mortgage investment conduits
    • Non-profit Organizations
    • Employee Plans
If you need an EIN, you can:

  • Go to and search for online EIN
  • Call EIN at 800.829.4933
  • Fax a completed Form SS-4 to the Fax # located in the SS-4 Instructions
  • Mail a completed Form SS-4 to the address in the SS-4 instructions

Got a QuickBooks Mess?
Call the QuickBooksGal!


Popular posts from this blog

How to "Un" Apply Credits In QuickBooks

Employee Salary/Wage Rate Report

QuickBooks Password Protection